I promised if you are not sure what is your ‘authentic passion,’ I will provide a simple process to identify what it is.
Here we go…
If you are not sure what is your ‘authentic passion,’ you can start to identify it through these questions…
1. What are all the problems and challenges you have had in your life?
Make a list of them.
To make it easier for you, list the problems or challenges you have had under these headings:
*Growing a business
*Looking more attractive
*Becoming healthier or more fit
*Becoming financially prosperous
*Improving the quality of your life
These 6 headings are what studies show are the major categories that the majority of people around the world say are challenging to them.
2. Which of the problems and challenges you listed above do you no longer have?
Make a 2nd list of those challenges that you have conquered. This 2nd list is considered your area of expertise and credibility now.
Congratulations! This is your area of ‘authentic passion.’
3. When you were going through each of the problems and challenges, what advice or help did you wish someone would have given to you?
Add your answers next to each problem or challenge on your 2nd list.
4. Also on the 2nd list, write what lesson you learned or what commitment you made to yourself as a result of overcoming each of those problems and challenges.
5. If you met someone today and they are now going through the same problems or challenges you overcame – what advice or help would you give them to help solve that problem?
6. If you had access to the product or service you sell now, how would it have helped you (or how does it help you) to overcome your problems and challenges?
In other words, how are your products or services in alignment with your core values in these categories?
Again, congratulations! You now have an emotionally compelling reason why you sell that product or service.
Which means you are in alignment with what you are selling! And you have an emotionally satisfying, authentic personal story to share with others who have the same problem or challenge now.
Actually, you now have more than a story.
You have a Purpose…a Mission…a Satisfying Reason for why you sell that product or service.
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY…YOU ARE NO LONGER A SALES REP!
You Are Now an Authority or an Activist!
You are now someone who understands the pain of others because you have been there…and you moved past that pain. That makes you a credible authority in this arena…someone others can look to for tips and advice.
By matching what you sell to your authentic passion based on your personal experience, your connection with your prospective audience will be built on a solid foundation of authenticity and credibility.
More Sales Tips in my recently-released #1 best-seller, ‘Selling From Your Comfort Zone’ available on Kindle, Audible and wherever books are sold anywhere in the world.
George Madiou, the Publisher of The Network Marketing Magazine,
Thanks for commenting below on how this
Success Tip made a difference for you. And, feel free to tag and share, too!
Would you send me a note to: email@example.com
Wishing you an abundance of sales, satisfaction and success,
Go For Yes Success Strategist
Speaker, Best-Selling Author
CEO, Chi-To-Be!, LLC