Are you noticing that with so much on your mind that you are forgetting even the smallest things? ⁉️ Do you walk in to the kitchen and then stop because you don’t remember why? 😕 Has it been getting worse since being forced to stay at home? 🏡
Stress can cause distracted thoughts. And it can feel like we are losing our mind. 🤯 Well IT’S TRUE! Over time, chronic stress DOES DESTROY brain cells and damages the hippocampus, the region of the brain involved in the formation of new memories and the retrieval of old ones. Studies have also linked STRESS to MEMORY LOSS.
BUT the GOOD NEWS is that scientists have discovered that the human brain has an astonishing ability to adapt and change—even into old age. This ability is known as neuroplasticity.
You can harness the natural power of neuroplasticity to increase your cognitive abilities, enhance your ability to learn new information, and IMPROVE YOUR MEMORY at any age.
Here’s how to harness that power…
1. Set realistic expectations (and be willing to say no!)
2. Take breaks throughout the day
3. Express your feelings instead of bottling them up
4. Set a healthy balance between work and leisure time
5. Focus on one task at a time, rather than trying to multi-task
6. Involve as many senses as possible. Try to relate information to colors, textures, smells, and tastes. The physical act of rewriting information can help imprint it onto your brain. Even if you’re a visual learner, read out loud what you want to remember. If you can recite it rhythmically, even better.
And, please join my Facebook group called Focus, Concentration and Memory Support for even more tips on non-medical, non-invasive ways for increasing focus, memory, concentration and rational thinking. Click here to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/IncreaseFocus/
Thanks for commenting below on how this
Success Tip made a difference for you.
And, feel free to tag and share, too!
As always, thank you for sharing this Success Tip with your team members, co-workers, friends and family…any one you feel would enjoy being more ‘attractive’ with what they desire to have in their lives to achieve their goals with velocity and ease.
Go For Yes Success Strategist
Speaker, Best-Selling Author
CEO, Chi-To-Be!, LLC